The wonders of technology
right in your computer!
Isn’t it great to sit in your office (or at home), in comfy shoes and clothes, and speak with participants who’ve joined you in an online webinar? People who want to know what you have to offer them and want to learn from you?
How amazing it is to be able to talk without any interruptions to divert your train of thought, share your knowledge, and let the participants get a peek at you through your camera…
And it’s all so easy, accessible, fun, and inexpensive!
It’s hard to believe how simple and convenient it is to share your knowledge via the internet!
Thanks to the wonders of technology, we can connect and share our knowledge with people all over the world.
Here’s a comparison between a frontal session and an internet session (webinar)
Interactive digital session
- A webinar can take place wherever there’s a computer.
- The number of participants is almost unlimited. It’s not uncommon ot have 1,000 or even 2,000 participants.
Invitations are issued by an email software, just like a mass mailing.
- Registration is automatic. Usually, there’s no need for any other contact.
- There’s no need to worry about fancy refreshments.
- Participants get their own, at home.
- Participants submit payment before the internet course by secure internet credit card payment.
- People can stay dressed in whatever they’re wearing, including comfortable shoes.
- Participants from the other side of the world can join.
There’s no need to worry about connections. Everything happens through your office or home network.
- People joining the webinar late don’t cause any disturbance.
- People who can’t make the webinar can access the recording.
- During the lecture’s question period, the lecturer can choose what questions to answer and when, so that there are no disruptions during the talk itself.
- All you need is a computer and the internet!
Physical frontal session
- Requires a convenient location with plenty of parking.
Is limited to a certain predetermined number of participants.
- Requires that invitations be sent, sometimes by snail mail.
- Requires telephone RSVPs.
- Requires there be hot and cold drinks as well as appetizing snacks.
- Payment must be made before the course or by credit card over the phone. Sometimes, participants submit payment on the premises, before the start of the session.
It’s necessary to dress for the occasion.
- Participants from distant locations can only rarely attend.
- If the lecturer wants to use a computer, s/he must ensure a projector and internet conenction.
- People who arrive late disrupt the lecture.
- People who can’t come lose out on the experience.
- During the session, participants ask questions liable to break the lecturer’s train of thought
The Advantages of the GoToWebinar System
- A convenient management interface, easy to understand and easy to work with.
- Excellent service. You can call from all over the world.
- All you need is an internet connection, a microphone, and earbuds. And when you’re using a laptop, everything is already built-in!
- The option of posting lecturer photos and a logo on the landing page, as well as choosing the colors you want.
- Participants can enter the system easily not just on their computers but also via an app on their phones.
- The option of including a Power Point presentation and sharing the screen and computer.
- The webinar is recorded automatically.
- The option of using colorful visual means for the presentation.
- It’s possible to conduct surveys, show video clips, ask questions of the participants, and answer participants’ questions.
- You are given accurate reports after the webinar: who registered, who participated, who asked questions, how long the participants stayed.
- The system uses an automated email reminder system, so there’s no need to worry about registration.
- You can create a survey to which the participants respond immediately after the webinar ends.
- After the webinar, the system can send follow-up emails to those who participated and also those who didn’t.